header and navbar

Thursday, September 12, 2013

New York Public Library

I'm always on the hunt for cool prints to frame and hang around the house. Yesterday I believe I hit the jackpot. And everyone has access to it, for FREE! Behold, the wonderful library, remember those?

The New York Public Library Digital Gallery provides free and open access to over 800,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the vast collections of The New York Public Library, including drawings, illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and photographs, illustrated books, printed ephemera, and more. The best part about this is it's a digital gallery, and all the photos are at your fingertips online. 

I scanned hundreds of images last night (it's a bit addicting)...and here are some of my favorites:
Palm Beach, Florida, March 1939. (Love the Cartier window shoppers!)
By: Wolcott, Marion Post, 1910-1990 -- Photographer
Fishing in Florida : women tourists fishing in the [surf], Florida east coast.
By: Underwood & Underwood
Butterflies
By: Séguy, E. A. -- Artist
Riding the Surf at Waikiki
By: Unknown
Study of Chinese Ornament
By: Goater, A. -- Lithographer
A. F. Wilding, Lawn Tennis Championship at Wimbledon.
By: Thompson, Paul, fl. 190--192 -- Photographer

Print away, friends, print away.
xx, Kelly

1 comment:

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.